Methods of exercising the priesthood
Singular methods of using the priesthood.
- while Moses holds his hands up during a battle, the Israelites prevail
1 Kings 20:35-37
- "a certain man of the sons of the prophets" tells his neighbor "in the word of the Lord" to smite him. "The man refused to smite him" and the son says a lion shall slay him, which happens as soon as the neighbor departs. It looks like he wanted to be wounded, not killed, for in verse 37, "he found another man … and the man smote him, so that … he wounded him."
1 Kings 20:38-43
- the same prophet (clarified here that he is a prophet, for "the king of Israel discerned him that he was of the prophets") tells Ahab that his life will be had because he let someone go "whom I appointed to utter destrunction"
2 Kings 2:14
- Elisha uses the mantle of Elijah and smites the waters so that they parted
2 Kings 2:23-24
- Elisha curses people in the name of the Lord, and two female bears tear them apart
methods_of_exercising_the_priesthood.txt · Last modified: 2013/06/06 11:58 by steve